We have just opened the public test branch for everyone wanting to test out what is coming in the near future with update 174! Please keep in mind that the build available is not release-ready and so you are likely to encounter bugs & issues as you playtest.
In order to download the public test branch, head into properties of war of rights on steam, navigate to the "betas" tab and select "publictest" in the dropdown menu.
Steam will now download the public test branch build. In order to revert back to the live branch select "none" in the very same dropdown menu.
We hope to see as many of you as possible on the public test branch in order to help us identify issues as we move towards a live release of update 174. If the initial performance tests are looking as good as we hope we will likely move on to test a higher player cap on the server in the near future.
Thank you for helping us test!
Public Test Highlights
- Changed the game code to run in its release config state, resulting in a drastic CPU performance increase for clients & servers.
- New cinematic victory screens at the end of each skirmish area.
- Battle report showing a timelapse of the just finished skirmish area with a number of visual identifiers such as formations, dropped flags, artillery impacts, etc.
- Historical events of each featured skirmish area presented by Campfire Games Historical Advisor George Crecy.
- Artillery physics is in the process of being entirely overhauled and so all artillery pieces have been removed for this test. We expect artillery to be testable within a few weeks.
- Updated environmental probes & general lighting for a much more smooth transition when lighting changes based off of the time of day.
- Standardized the field of view when aiming with a rifle or pistol to 65 so that everyone is on a level playing field when aiming, no matter which FOV they play at.
- It is no longer possible to push other players away by running into them.
- It is no longer possible to shoot through an enemy player and not hit him if he is too close to you. The system has retained its forgiving nature for friendly players however.
- Updated several infantry animations.
- Added 14 new battle flags.
- Flag in first person view animation has been replaced with a worse version in the dev branch build where the flag clips into the camera.
- The Sprinting 1st person rifle animation has been replaced with a worse version in the dev branch build (the one present in the live build is a superior tweaked version where the wrist isn’t as twisted and the rifle not as much up in your face).
- Gun smoke clouds that linger are too bright and visible (they look like floating ghosts).
- Changing the time of day or weather in the admin menu currently spams the text chat.
- The F2 overview map is currently disabled.
- Stamina breathing in victory scenes if out of breath as the round ends.
- Counterattack is not using the counter attack timer when active on the battle report screen.
- Player footsteps are practically gone when reaching Pry House skirmish area - a single footstep triggers every 10 or 20 seconds.
- Dropped flags will continuously appear to be clipping into the ground.
- Cookes Counterattack subtitle misalignment.
- Missing dead animated formation entities (especially in bloody lane, roulette lane & piper farm areas)
- Non-devs possibly cause the tab view to bug out when they join the server.
- Non-devs possibly can’t send messages in the text chat.
- Crashing when leaving the server.
- Crashing when rejoining the server.